About

Thank you for visiting the site dedicated to the safety of Fathima Rifqa Bary. She is already a free woman, having been delivered from the bondage of her parents.

Background:

Fathima Rifqa Bary of Columbus, Ohio was raised in a Muslim home, studied the Quran, and practiced the ways of Mohamed. Several years ago, she converted from Islam to Christianity when she the found that Jesus is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

She continued living in Columbus with her family, sneaking out at night after her parents had gone to sleep to attend prayer meetings and to read her Bible. After her father threatened to kill her for apostasy, a crime under Islamic Sharia law, Rifqa hitchhiked to the bus station and fled to Florida. Upon arriving, she contacted a pastor who took Rifqa into her home.

In the days following the missing child’s report and Rifqa’s first media appearance in Orlando, the blogosphere lit up with friends and concerned bloggers praying for her safety, praying that she got away from the certain death that awaited her in Ohio.

Please Pray:

Please join us to help Rifqa Bary obtain her legal freedom and/or emancipation from her parents. Please pray that through a work of the Holy Spirit, her parents, Mohamed and A’asha Bary, will come to know the Lord Jesus as the true Way.

29 Responses to “About”

1. Joel Hassell says:

Our family prays for you every day. Keep your head up and your shoulders back and know that Christ is with you.

I believe if you posted a method for people to use to contribute financially to assist you with legal fees, housing, etc., you would see an outpouring of aid.

God bless you.

2. Missy says:

Have been praying for Rifqa for months now.

I would absolutely love it if you had a FAQ section of this site. I have so many questions about this case.

My main question is, why does she not get emancipated from her parents? This seems like such a simple solution, so I assume that there must be some reason why it has not been pursued.

Thanks.

3. Lindy Wise says:

Dear Rifqa: You are such an inspiration to Christians everywhere. May the Lord Jesus bless you exceeding, abundantly above all you can ask or think. I am praying for you. Be strong in the Lord and the power of His might. Of course, I am praying for your family as well. I know you love them very much and want to see them saved. Just remember, Jesus is in the miracle business, and that without faith it is impossible to please Him, that we who come to Him must believe that He is and a rewarder of all that diligently seek Him. That would be you, sweet sister. I am believing for all your miracles with you. Jesus bless you in all that you do. Your sister, Lindy

4. Pastor Mark says:

Rifqa: You have been high on our prayer list for several months. We appreciate your non-swerving Christian testimony. When you turn 18 or before if they will let you, we would love to have you speak in our church.

Pastor Mark

5. Mark Steiner says:

Greetings Rifqa:
    I hope you are able to read this and other posts provided by other concerned brothers and sisters. Because you story has reached many other saints in the past six months, there are many I know who are including you on their prayer lists. I know of prayerful individuals both in Phoenix and Denver, where this is written.

Prayers are being offered for your safety, protection and guidance until and once this end. The prayers will not stop until you are a free citizen. Stay close dear Sister to the word of God as there is no force on earth that can prevent its advance toward the saving of many: II Timothy 3:16-17. Yours in Jesus,
    Mark Steiner, Denver

6. Angela says:

Sister Rifqua,

May the LORD bless you and keep you, May the LORD make his face shine upon you and be gracious to you May the LORD turn his face toward you and give you peace. Numbers 6:22-27
    Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of of peace be removed says the LORD who has compassion on you. Isaiah 54:10

Angela

7. Lydia says:

Please post any news that you have about Rifqa–especially about any hearing on her lawyers’ motion–or even an update to say that you are unable to get any news at this time. Thanks!

8. Mary says:

What’s happening with Rifqa now? Does she have any court appearances coming up?

9. Jonathan Hanley says:

I’ve just been catching up with the whole story over the past few days and my heart aches to help this sister in Christ. Her journey of actually becoming a christian, the hardships she faced seems like it belongs in the middle east, not in the middle of the U.S. Is there any way we can help her in her current situation? How are her medical bills being taken care of? I will be visiting family this weekend and will be sharing Rifqa’s story with all of them. If there is “ANY” way to help, please post it, this is an opportunity for the body of Christ to truly show God’s Love to the world, and I know that Rifqa is going to be used by God in a mighty way, not that He already hasn’t. I will keep praying, once again, if there is anything else we can do, write letters, provide financial support for medical expenses, anything, please post the information. Thanks you and God Bless.

10. Leah Bailey says:

Rifqa, I have been praying for you and will continue to do so. There is NO problem known to man that God can not solve. You have the love and support of your brothers and sisters. Know that He is touched with our infimity and affliction and He will always be with you. May God bless you my sister. Blessings in Him.

11. John Ridge says:

Rifqa,
    You are a very brave woman, and I admire your faith and strength to perservere during this dark time. I’m praying for complete healing of your cancer. Please believe that God can do this. Through christian qi-gong and other relaxing exercizes, you can ease the stress on your body, and pray that God will heal you. You are a treasure to this nation, and to the world for your courage to stand for Christ. May God bless you, and may you live many more years. You should write a book! When you write it, just load on your parents with how much you love them. Remember every last neat thing that your Mom and Dad did, and share it. Every bit of real love we get in this life in some way is evidence of God showing himself. If you wrote a book, I would buy it in a second!

12. Robert Lee says:

What is the latest update concerning Rifqa’s condition? How is she doing? Does anyone know? We are prayiing for her and would like to know.

13. Avram says:

Dear sister Rifqa, you amaze me and humble me and encourage me in my faith. I can’t wait to meet you face to face someday (probably in the Kingdom). I’ll be praying for you. You hang in there.
    Lots of brotherly affection in the Lord Yeshua,
    Avram

14. Christian Schlegel says:

We will be praying because Jesus is the way the truth and the life. Dear rifqa please know that we are going to support you and not leave you standing alone but most of all God will never ever forsake you. we have his promise and I love you as a sister in Christ Jesus. God bless you!

15. Christine Gardin says:

Rifqa.
    I live in a small Ontario city and am embarrassed to say that I had not heard of our plight until yesterday when I listened on the web to Pamela Geller of Atlasshrugs.com. I am a Christian woman with a 17 year old daughter. I can’t imaging how hard this must be for you. Please know that the christian family upholds you and supports you. The Lord is a father to the fatherless. God bless you.

16. Barbro says:

Rifqa,I pray for you,that you wil be protected also after turning 18.You really need it then.I hope there are somebody helping you with this?I also pray that you will be completely healed from cancer in Jesus name!

17. Barbro says:

Happy birthday in advance!!May God bless the day for you with a lot of happy events!

18. Herschel Mordechai says:

I hope you will make a full recovery in the name of Yeshua the Messiah and Savior of all who would believe John 3:16. Fight the good fight. Never give up.

19. renee baziuk says:

praise the Lord for the court decision today! many battles to come, but remember that the battle belongs to the Lord. “for we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places” Eph 6:12…but…”yet in all these things, we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us” Rom 8:37. Stay the course, finish the race!

20. Charles Brown says:

Happy Birthday Rifqa! You are a brave woman.

21. susan says:

Happy Birthday!!!! Beautiful Rifqa. Fearless warrior of God. Strength, blessing, peace, and joy be on you and in you in the name of Jesus Christ. May his face continually shine down on you. Blessings on you dear one. God loves you.

22. Dear Rifqa: How wonderful it must be to be chosen as a modern day “Esther” to lead your people to our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, through your faithful walk with Him. My family and I have followed the events in your riveting story and now, on your 18th birthday, we can finally say congratulations to you on your new found freedom to make your own wise decisions as led by Jesus Christ.
    This can never be taken from you and we are honored and blessed to have you in our country and hope you will want to stay to continue to be a role model for our young people. I am a 75 yr. old retired grandmother with 4 adult children and 5 grandchildren, three of whom are adopted and of mixed races. One son is an evangelist, my daughter a pediatrician saving lives, another son a missionary and I cannot wait until my 4 year old adopted grandaughter Esther is old enough to understand what it truly means to be a modern day Esther through your faithfulness and courage.
    Blessings forever in the Name of Our Merciful God, Mrs. Dale Sawyer

23. Anne Franczek says:

Rifqa, you are very brave. I was so excited to see you on video, how bold you are in your faith in Jesus. We are praying for you in my prayer group. Happy Birthday! May God continue to protect you and use you to shine brightly for him. Daniel 11:32, 12:3
    Anne

24. SIMONE says:

well i want to encourge you my little sister , casue i became a christian , as my brothers and sisters and we’re alot thank god
    we faced real threatened from islamic groups more than ones , we escaped from iraq to turkey , and we’re having problems for our faith in the UNHCR office
    1 Peter 5 : 9
    9 Whom resist stedfast in the faith, knowing that the same afflictions are accomplished in your brethren that are in the world.

John 16 : 33
    33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

we know as ex muslims , that who ever leave’s islam should be killed acording to qur’an and hadeeth < and we can send u things about this

muslim still believe in this ,
    i should be in USA , but i'm suffreing becasue of my faith , cheer up , u r not alone
    god is with you
    we're as a church with you
    god bless you so much

25. Mary says:

This seems to be the only place where one can make contact–there is no “contact” address anymore on the site:

There was an exciting statement in a post on Aug. 9 to the effect that Rifqa hoped to receive her special juvenile visa status soon and might even receive it that day. That would be very welcome, of course, and very fast. Is there any word on that?

As you’re probably aware, Pamela Geller is spinning the interview with Atty. Gotterdam as an admission that “they didn’t get” SJIV status for Rifqa, that their entire strategy failed. But I thought they had filed for that status and were waiting to hear. It will be interesting to see what she says if the status comes through, and of course Rifqa’s supporters would want very much to know about it. Also, isn’t it true that she is unlikely to be deported now that the papers have been filed? Thanks. Since this site seems to be coming out on the side of Gotterdam, et. al., info. on these points would be appreciated.

26. margaret says:

Thanks for the Lord for setting you free Rifqa!
    His grace is huge! :) )) All glory to Him!
    And best wishes for you <

27. michelle says:

I think of you often, Rifqa. You are very strong and brave for doing what you have done. I pray the Lord continues to walk with you and protect you during this difficult time.

I will continue to pray for you and am anxious to hear some positive news on your freedom.

28. Mary says:

Checking every day for the status of Rifqa’s immigration. Glad that you expect it to be made public soon, and hope and pray that it is good news. I’m sure that if I’m checking frequently like this and wondering what the news is, I’m not the only one. I hope that Rifqa and her advisers are willing to make the news public very soon.

29. Rifqa, congratulations on immigration permanent residency status!

I am proud of your courage and achievements, and I am proud of your participation in our national life.